Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cardboard, Mania, Masks and More, OH MY!

 

Ethan made an amazing bird! The beak is three dimensional!

Jess did a mask of her kitty cat at home ;)

Little Nova made her own OUTSTANDING version of Elmo! The pipe cleaners were added onto the mask for texture and "furiness"

Chris is really inspired by The Titanic and made a wonderful three dimensional ship!

I love this photo, it almost seems as though it is out to sea! GOOD JOB CHRIS! 

HEHEHE! 

Tessa made a beautiful mascarade type mask, adorned with colorful feathers!

ROBOMASK!

I-Phone Mask! Apps included!  

I had to put this one in, the photo is just too cute!
Hello All!
   
Our second class was a great success! Adrienne and I had our little friends play around and create large masks with recycled cardboard material. Her and I helped the kids with the hot glue, cutting, and attaching, but the kids pulled some wild imagery from their minds, and made beautiful adornments on their own!

 
I was thoroughly impressed with the attention to detail, the precision and execution from their ideas to their projects. I really enjoyed their eagerness to create in three dimension! I wish that the class went on just a bit longer so I could of helped our kids expand their ideas on an even larger scale; building from their original plans, and creating more forms from it. I hope that one day we can create a whole entire costume that requires their whole bodies from these initial projects.

  
I hope you enjoy the photos from the class!

Little Sarah came in a little late so she worked on a large painting! 


She was very daring with her brush strokes, and wasn't afraid to experiment! I love it!

CREATIVITY IN ACTION!

Let the projects begin!

Chris and Adrienne working on his AWESOME SHIP!

Project in the works!


1 comment: